Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Wolztyn Steam Parade 2006
cp1400

Wolztyn Steam Parade 2006

Finale for the 2006 Wolztyn Steam Parade in Wolztyn Poland. Twelve engines in steam passing the parade line.
C
Whoa! I'd give you 12 points ........ one for each loco.

Nice lashup! Next time crop a few people out of the shot though... really takes away from the overall image.

Great shot!

> Nice lashup! Next time crop a few people out of the shot though...

And just how do you suggest he do that? You can't crop out the people while still showing the engines.

Besides, the people are part of the photo. That's why the engines are there. Without the railfans they wouldn't be staging the event.

jay611 wrote:

With 8000+ people in attendance for this event it was practically impossible to keep bodies out of the photos. Besides, in my opinion people seeing, enjoying and photographing this event is part of the picture. What's a parade without the people?

To me, a clean shot, is a good shot. If the event was ran with the proper direction, clean photo lines could have been forumed to allow all participants to get shots of the runby, without people in them, and with all the steam locomotives in the shot. I personaly would have moved down to where you see the two guys standing in the bottom left corner. I could easily get a very clean shot, still showing the fact there is a solid lashup of steam in the photograph.

I'm going to have to go with everyone else on this one. I like the angle, and don't think the people distract from the photo at all. I'll also argue with Jason's point about repositioning. How would you crop out the four guys that climbed the signals? At least with the rest of the folks in there it starts to make some sense why...

What an event that must have been. Thanks for sharing.

Media information

Category
International Museums and Tourist Railways
Added by
cp1400
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back