Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. O

    C&O boiler explosion details?

    I think Pat nailed it on the T-1. Here is an article on superheaters. If you read down to the bottom they talk about the superheater being prone to explosion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheater I will try and find some more info from my COHS CD that has a bunch of articles about...
  2. O

    C&O boiler explosion details?

    Another angle http://cohs.org/repository/Archives/cohs/web/cohs-6199.jpg And an old C&O 4-4-0 http://cohs.org/repository/Archives/cohs/web/cohs-6225.jpg
  3. O

    C&O boiler explosion details?

    Found it. Here is a link to the photo: http://cohs.org/repository/Archives/cohs/web/cohs-6198.jpg it is a C&O T-1 (2-10-4) #3020 NEAR CHILLICOTHE, OH MAY 1943
  4. O

    C&O boiler explosion details?

    I have seen the photo mentioned with the tubes out the front. it wasnt the H-8. I have seen photos of the H-8 explosion. Now I am wondering...



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top