Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. H

    Outsider query on freight bumper posts

    Thanks Bruce for your reply. Yes, I have noticed that difference and find it quite interesting. Also, it is fascinating that I have never seen an earthen mound (a pile of earth / soil / aggregate / sand) anywhere in Canada / US even though I thought this was a common thing to put at the end of...
  2. H

    Outsider query on freight bumper posts

    Hi All, I am from the UK and am really interested in the heavy haul freight in the US and Canada. I'm trying to find out more and more about this fascinating area. One thing I think I have noticed is that in North America there are very few (perhaps none) bumping posts (what we call 'buffer...



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top