Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. S

    Need help finding info on antique CNO&TP brass switch padlock??

    Had a guy from that antique locks website try to tell me they made those up till the 1940's and they were worth absolutely nothing. However I feel the info he gave is false, and he may have been referring to heart shaped padlocks in general. ALL the other locks I have seen manufactured by Post &...
  2. S

    Need help finding info on antique CNO&TP brass switch padlock??

    Thanks! Thanks for the help! I was hoping it was from that time period. The latest I saw any ads for Post & Company was 1892, so your date makes sense. Since I am a history buff, having a piece of Chattanooga railroad history is wonderful. Does anyone know if I should clean it better to try...
  3. S

    Need help finding info on antique CNO&TP brass switch padlock??

    Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and joined up because I found something interesting while out metal detecting the other day around chattanooga. It appears to be a Cincinnati New Orleans & Texas Pacific railroad switch lock. Supposedly this is the rail line that inspired the song "Chattanooga...



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top