Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    I agree Bill. Even their older units are kept clean.
  2. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    A few more.
  3. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    Today was beautiful in Gwinner, ND! Over 60 degrees and the train came through town in the daylight instead of 10pm like normal. I was able to get some good shots and a video of GP38-2's 2638 and 2194.
  4. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    Caught the RRVW working in Gwinner again last night with GP20C's 2001 and 2002 leading. There was a Jordan Spreader at the end of the train which can be seen in the video that I will post a little later today. I hope everybody enjoys!
  5. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    No worries it didn't take to long for me to get some more pictures. Yesterday I went to Wahpeton to get some groceries and headed across the river to MN to the main yard for RRVW and took a couple pictures of some locomotives sitting at the terminal including a pair of former Santa Fe CF7's.
  6. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    On 2/21/14 I was able to catch an Eastbound RRV&W working in Gwinner.
  7. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    On 2/18/14 I headed to Hankinson, ND to check out the CP over the former Soo Line. 1. CP GEVO 8538 sitting on a siding in town. 2. CP GP20C 2219 parked by the depot. 3. 2 CP GEVOs lead a stack train. 4. CP Snow Plow sitting in the yard.
  8. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    This goes to prove you never know what you're going to find in Gwinner, ND. Very cool to stumble across this car being a Nebraska native. It was also neat to see the elevator moving cars with a pay loader.
  9. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    I started an engineering co-op with Bobcat Co. in Gwinner, ND on Jan. 7. Gwinner is a small town of 700 people served by the Red River Valley and Western Railroad. The RRV&W switches the Bobcat plant bringing in coiled steel, taking out scrap steel, and also serves the elevator as needed. I also...
  10. Railfan40

    My WA photos

    The problem is they are running so many oil trains out of North Dakota right now that they have a power shortage.
  11. Railfan40

    Best of Ames, IA Fall 2013

    Here are three more Bill.
  12. Railfan40

    Best of Ames, IA Fall 2013

    I agree. If you have a good enough zoom you can park at the top of the hill on the South side and get some descent shots. Other than that it requires trespassing on railroad or private land. Thank you all for the compliments. As president of the Iowa State Railroad Club I'd like to welcome...
  13. Railfan40

    Best of Ames, IA Fall 2013

    Again I'm late posting these, but here are a few of my best shots from the fall semester which includes a couple heritage units and much more.
  14. Railfan40

    Happy New Year From the Nebraska Central

    Thanks everyone! I love to railfan the Nebraska Central, most of the crews are very friendly and I enjoy shortlines. I'm going to try to get some more pictures from this area in the spring and summer when I head home.
  15. Railfan40

    Happy New Year From the Nebraska Central

    Shot of the day! Taken at the scenic overlook East of Scotia on Neb. hi-way 11. The other three are roster shots of the lash up.
  16. Railfan40

    Happy New Year From the Nebraska Central

    I'm a little late posting, but I've had some trouble posting pictures since I got my camera. Turns out it helps when you adjust them to 1200 x 900. :rolleyes: Anyway, here are some pictures from my 1/2/14 chase of the Ord Local. This ended up being an 8 hour chase since we weren't sure if the...



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top