Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    Once they shut off the ditch lights I was hoping they had to hold for a meet. Turns out they did as a BNSF grain train rolled into town lead by a warbonnet, sadly it was no longer labeled Santa Fe but, you don't see many of either anymore.
  2. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    1&2. Very backlit photos. 3&4. RRVW in the elevator siding to pickup a propane car.
  3. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    1&2. Two more of the green tanks 3&4. On May 14th RRVW 2001 and 2002 were in Gwinner, ND switching the Bobcat plant. 2001 is in memory of Kent P. Shoemaker, the founder of the RRVW Railroad.
  4. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    1-3. A couple more shots of 8549 and 9739. 4. This is the first time I've seen green tankers like this.
  5. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    On May 4th and 5th I made trips up near Enderlin, ND a small hub for the Canadian Pacific. 1. A few miles south of town the CP crosses a Red River Valley & Western branch. 2. In Enderlin SD40-2 ICE 6423 "City of Delavan" idles in the yard. 3. CP 9711 leads a UP unit and manifest into...
  6. Railfan40

    Lincoln, NE area shots

    I caught a WB local sitting in the middle passing track near Waverly a little after 5 yesterday. I noticed there wasn't a lot moving.
  7. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    On my way home just past Grand Junction, IA I came across an eastbound manifest that was lead by UP 5707, CSX 788, and CN 2402.
  8. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    37-39. Some head on shots of UP 7340. 40. UP 5587 with a lot of graffiti.
  9. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    33 & 34. UP 8099 leading an eastbound intermodal. It looks like this unit got a little burned up at some point. 35. UP 7361 leading a unit DDG train. 36. DPU UP 8437 on the DDG train.
  10. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    29. A CN autocarrier. 30. Another picture of 8730. 31. Clouds loom as DUP units 7426 and 9437. 32. UP 9437 looking pretty rough.
  11. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    25. A special treat was on the end of an intermodal as the two DPU units were a GE C-40-8 9262 and a patched SP unit 6386. I wish I could have gotten a better picture but, I was lucky enough to snap this one real quick. 26. UP 7612 and two other GE's pull an eastbound salad shooter. 27. 7524 a...
  12. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    21 & 22. UP 4604 leads an eastbound manifest. 23. GP15 UP Y682 3rd in line on a westbound manifest. 24. UP 8419 on point of an eastbound intermodal.
  13. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    17-19. A couple head on shots of 7294 20. UP 8114 trailing an intermodal as DPU
  14. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    More morning shots 13. UP 8570 leading a westbound intermodal 14. Westbound coal train lead by UP 7238 15. UP 7956 rolling under the signal bridge at West Ames. 16. UP 6881 leading a loaded coal drag.
  15. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    The East/West line is the Boone/Clinton Subdivisions (I'm not sure where the line is between the two) which is part of the Overland Route. The line that connects to the mainline is the Jewell Sub that goes North out of Ames to Jewell, Eagle Grove, and connects several other UP branch lines in...
  16. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    9. UP 5853 streaks by near midnight. 10. 5 units lead an intermodal at dawn. 11. UP 4303 leading MEADM (Eagle Grove to Des Moines, IA) down the Jewell Sub. 12. MEADM joining the mainline.
  17. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    5-7. More Combines 8. A GE heads into the sunset with a coal drag.
  18. Railfan40

    2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

    The Iowa State Railroad Club held our annual 24 hours even from 5pm 4/25/14 to 5pm 4/26/14 in Ames, IA. We saw 61 movements and 60 trains. I took over 50 pictures so it's going to take some time to get them all on here so stay tuned. 1. Power move lead by 5007 with the front door open and the...
  19. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    Two more. I'm not sure what the flowers on the front of the locomotive was for.
  20. Railfan40

    North Dakota 2014

    More Action From the RRV&W More pictures of the Red River Valley and Western working in Gwinner. I'm starting to find some better places for night shots and I hope they keep getting better.



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top