Railroadforums.com is a free online
Railroad Discussion Forum and
Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.
-
Sometimes you see the same faces each week as you volunteer with NCRY. All great people having fun and getting dirty.
-
Cab Flooring
How the guys recreated the flooring plans inside the cab of the SP 9010.
Each piece was cataloged and charted and then printed out so that Howard can cut the linoleum to the correct size.
Do you know what #17 is?
-
The Wednesday Warriors group is restoring the inside of the 1949 car. Here is the process so far.
The picture of the red metal is inside the window frame area pointed upwards.
-
Work always pops up to be done. Here is a brake stand needing some repairs and adjustments.
This belongs to the SP 5623
GP 9 Read the added page also....
http://www.ncry.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=541047&module_id=137780&actr=4
-
Dear Santa,
I have been a very good person and am requesting to attend these classes please!
Any date and time will work for me!
Thank You very much
momagna
-
A master craftsman at work on the rear engine door/hood. Where the opening is the door with the rear headlights will be returned.
-
These filters are heading out to be power washed and cleaned up. There are twelve in all and on most Howard is working on taking out the metal strips that make up the actual filter part of the air filters for the engine hood. A different material will be placed into these frames for filtering...
-
Not a part of the SP 9010 but Gerry came up with a little red wagon and these parts from the SP 5623. This is a brake stand that is in need of repair and between the two gentlemen they called a friend and figured out what to do to make this work correctly again.
-
Most of the engine is painted. One interesting thing is the two paints used and the spelling of grey/gray.....
One is Moss Grey and the second is Maybach Gray and they are different tints but the lettering is different also.
One time while I was painting Howard walked over to me and said that...
-
These air filters seem to always have metal filters in them. When I walk past Howard is steadily taking out the metal fins and tossing them into the recycle can. The frames will be bead blasted and painted black and a new filter will be fitted in (I am unsure of what style will be used). There...
-
In case you missed the facebook posting about the painting of the engine (motor) I am adding it so you get the best information from Bob Zenk.
Southern Pacific 9010
Page Liked · May 9 · Edited ·
Sometimes, lying down on the job is the only way to actually do the job!
PLA volunteer and...
-
Engine of the Krauss-Maffei
Howard and I had a disagreement (first one!) on whether the engine (motor) needed to be cleaned up and painted?
Color is Maybach Green
Since I am the one doing the work I convinced him it would work out fine.
What do you think so far?
-
Check out the SP 9010 hand brake video
YES! It works!!!
-
Crank windows just like the cars in the 60's and 70's!
Hand Brake in and working
-
-
Last two from here...
Need to schedule a visit when they are open.
-
All pictures taken over the fence line because the guy who opened the gate and left told me it is CLOSED! Darn!
-
Train Mountain
Not listed in my Train Guide book plus I arrived over two hours before they opened up for the day. Darn!
-
Funny, I was in this rest area and on the way up I got the first two shots and on the way back I heard that whistle blow once again!
-
Highway 80 at 80 MPH
Nevada
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)