Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    A few from last Monday beginning in Council Bluffs IA and wrapping up in and around Missouri Valley IA. UP 3000, build date 12-23-16, was one of five stored in MoValley. Trucks showed very little grime-new power sitting unused.
  2. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Some UP 4141 shots of today's move from the Omaha display site to the Heritage shops in Council Bluffs IA.
  3. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    I probably should've moved over some.
  4. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    A couple more before the display ends tomorrow at noon.
  5. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Today's catch in Bellevue NE. Had hoped for better sun, but MOW issues to the north delayed arrival.
  6. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Light power move today as it was about to go under Council Bluffs Broadway overpass.
  7. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Tom-it just occurred to me that there is a truck mounted blower labeled Air Force One that I've seen in the past used to clear snow from turnouts. That would make sense given Sunday's snowfall.
  8. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Tom-someone was pulling a funny, 4141 has been stored at the North Little Rock shops and was activated from there for the trip direct to Spring TX.
  9. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Back on Aug 21 2008, I caught UP 4141 in revenue service at Fremont NE.
  10. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Oreapolis had a little action on a brisk Sunday afternoon. BNSF 5671 is doing its best Alco impersonation in the third shot. Not photographed were two nb manifests on UP's Falls City Sub which crosses at a diamond just to the rear (west) of the train in the first shot.
  11. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    A couple from Oreapolis NE on a sunny, but chilly 11/13/18.
  12. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Good shots Tom. I've also noticed BNSF power by the shops quite often over the last few months and wondered the same as you.
  13. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Forgot I grabbed a couple on Nov 7th, near Crescent IA. Third shot is by Omaha's Amtrak Station--not sure if they were installing a new antenna or removing an old one. The one on the right seems to be like most of the ones I've seen installed for PTC operation.
  14. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Three from late October when Fall was still hanging around.
  15. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    On 10/4/18 caught a westbound manifest at Greenwood NE, BNSF Creston Sub.
  16. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    A UP manifest rolls north (TT east) on the Omaha sub at Monument Rd in Council Bluffs IA on a rainy Sep 29th afternoon.
  17. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Some recent shots... * A tagged reefer I saw in Lexington NE while coming home North Platte. * Some shots from Oreapolis NE taken with the 300mm lens I rented for the North Platte trip.
  18. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Thanks Tom. Going out Thursday traffic was sparse. It was so-so Friday and Saturday, I ventured out to Sutherland yesterday and saw one train during the two hours I sat there. On the way home this morning I caught about 6-8 westbounds and only 1 eastbound that I caught up with at Kearney.
  19. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    Some more from the North Platte area.
  20. papio

    Where is the Omaha Posse?

    A few miles west of Omaha for a few days for North Platte's annual RailDays. First pair taken at the east end of Buttermilk Curve which is just east of Brady NE. Second pair are from downtown North Platte.



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top