Railroadforums.com is a free online
Railroad Discussion Forum and
Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.
-
The color did fade a lot with time. Here's an A-B consist that has been weathered, You can see the difference in the color compared to the passenger car behind the B unit.
-
I have been there quite a few times. Still have a few living relatives that worked for the Milwaukee Road living there.
-
When I was growing up we used to take the Northern Pacific North Coast Limited or the Milwaukee Road Hiawatha from Montana to visit relatives in Northern Indiana. In the 50's rail service was so much different to what Amtrack tries to provide. These trips I think I enjoyed more than getting to...
-
The BNSF units are most likely being used as helpers over Marias Pass from East Glacier to Columbia Falls. I have been over US 2 numerous times and enjoy watching the rail traffic that pretty well parallels the highway.
-
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)