Recent content by montanan

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. montanan

    North Coast Limited

    The color did fade a lot with time. Here's an A-B consist that has been weathered, You can see the difference in the color compared to the passenger car behind the B unit.
  2. montanan

    Milwaukee Road - Harlowton

    I have been there quite a few times. Still have a few living relatives that worked for the Milwaukee Road living there.
  3. montanan

    North Coast Limited

    When I was growing up we used to take the Northern Pacific North Coast Limited or the Milwaukee Road Hiawatha from Montana to visit relatives in Northern Indiana. In the 50's rail service was so much different to what Amtrack tries to provide. These trips I think I enjoyed more than getting to...
  4. montanan

    BNSF units on the Empire Builder

    The BNSF units are most likely being used as helpers over Marias Pass from East Glacier to Columbia Falls. I have been over US 2 numerous times and enjoy watching the rail traffic that pretty well parallels the highway.



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top