Weekends in Centralia, Washington

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

NPRS11

Anybody know if the Puget Sound & Pacific runs on the weekends? How about Simpson? Weyerhauser in Longview? How about during the week. I have a weeks vacation, but I have to stay in the area. The Mainline around here just don't do it for me.......

Mad Dog

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
Yeah, the PS&P runs weekends, more so Sundays than Saturdays based only on what I hear (I'm about 1/8 mile from their track). I don't know if their schedule has any ryhme nor reason to it other than when they can deliver to the BNSF main or when a train needs to be made up.

Tacoma Tom

I remember Simpson telling me that they leave Shelton once at 10am and once at 10pm. That was many years ago but I think around 10am you should see a train leaving.

robjacox

Anybody know if the Puget Sound & Pacific runs on the weekends? How about Simpson? Weyerhauser in Longview? How about during the week. I have a weeks vacation, but I have to stay in the area. The Mainline around here just don't do it for me.......

Mad Dog
We were up that way a few weekends ago (my folks live south of the Oakville right along what once was the UP/Milw line). Didn't hear anything on the PSAP on Saturday.

On Sunday, there was PSAP power tied down on the old UP line west of Blakeslee Jct. We railfanned the Centralia depot area for awhile, and a garbage train with UP power came off the PSAP and headed south on the mainline. Not sure if it came out of the yard in northwest Centralia or right off the PSAP.

The mainline was busy, but that's not what your after.

NPRS11

I ended up following a grain train from Rochecter (home) out to the Harbor on Saturday. Two of the FEC units plus that old NS unit. Saw the same power run east light on Sunday to the yard at Blakeslee Jct.

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
I ended up following a grain train from Rochecter (home) out to the Harbor on Saturday. Two of the FEC units plus that old NS unit. Saw the same power run east light on Sunday to the yard at Blakeslee Jct.
I was coming back from an errand on Sunday and caught that light move through Rochester, near the egg farm. If you were still chasing, you probably saw me next to highway 12 clicking away.

Last edited by a moderator:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)