Visiting Albany Oregon late October 2016

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Zoohogger

Whistle Pig
Went for a brief visit to Oregon to see the GrandKiddos. Of course if you are near Albany you must go to Queen Ave and see what's happening.
We went looking for the P&W SD7 1501. Alas, it must have been in the shop. We were treated to a very clean 3003 switching there. The Albany and Eastern Hauler arrived with the
GE's and dropped some cars and picked up some.

IMG_6404.jpg
IMG_6405.jpg
IMG_6406.jpg
IMG_6408.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4 then 3: While the AERC was on the other end of the yards the UP "Craft (or is it spelled Kraft) Local" came speeding through in reverse with some cold trainmen
hanging on for dear life.
1 and 2:Of course I can't seem to get the order correct.
If I remember correctly, the track under the bridge is the former Oregon Electric. I guess if you can't raise the bridge, then lower the track.

IMG_6411.jpg
IMG_6413.jpg
IMG_6425.jpg
IMG_6426.jpg

Then, Finally made the trip to Garibaldi, Oregon to see the changes at the headquarters of the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad.
A local resident living in the 90 and a cast steel drop center Flat car, then 2 views of the new tracks. The empty space between the 101(POTB GP9) and the 90(Baldwin 2-8-2) will be the site of the depot building.

IMG_6455.jpg
IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6452.jpg
IMG_6457.jpg

Another beautiful day in Oregon. Are GE B30-7's? The roof line looks odd to me. Could be the paint. Tom

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back