Videos of 4449 in the Gorge April 2018

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
Videos of SP 4449's movie runs are starting to show up on Youtube.

Bobby Case Loves Trains
Published on Apr 9, 2018

This video was shot in a new place and an awesome chase!!!

Last edited:
SP 4449 at Vancouver 4-10-18 (part 1)

pdxsteam

Published on Apr 11, 2018

Upon arrival back in Vancouver after a run through the gorge, 4449 pulls out of the station and onto the Columbia River bridge.

SP 4449 at Vancouver 4-10-18 (part 2)

pdxsteam

Published on Apr 11, 2018

After clearing the bridge signal, 4449 backs her train through the station and into the yard for the night.

Video by pdxsteam
Published on Apr 12, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 291
For a few days in April 2018, SP 4449 lead a shiny string of silver BNSF business cars along the Columbia River Gorge between Vancouver and Wishram, WA. The locomotive was invited by the BNSF to participate in the taping of a promotional/educational IMAX film to premiere sometime in the future. I chased the train on April 11th, starting in Vancouver and making my way down the line to Skamania. This was one of several stops that the train made so the film crews could reposition the large IMAX camera. At Wishram, the train was turned on the wye and stopped in Avery for servicing and more camera adjustments before continuing back to Vancouver. With the recent announcement of Amtrak no longer wanting to sponsor charter excursions and special trains, the future of 4449's mainline outings is uncertain. The locomotive's all-volunteer crew have a good relationship with BNSF and events like this help to ensure that the engine will be invited back, at least on private occasions. All footage was filmed with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and edited with VideoPad video editor. Be sure to watch in 1080p and turn up those speakers! As always, thanks for watching! Copyright pdxsteam 2018

WOW! Being from Washington and having traveled the Gorge many times, this was a real treat. We used to ride our motorcycles to Banks lake twice a year for the Blues Festival and have crossed those tracks. I have to say, I'm very jealous.
Thank you for sharing, that was truly AWESOME!

Treefrogflag Productions

Published on Apr 17, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 1.4K
4449 crossing the Steel Bridge over the Willamette River in Portland, Oregon before the Columbia River Gorge run! So enjoy this Treefrogflag Production and make sure to watch in HD and like, comment and subscribe

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back