UP 844 Jun 14 2017

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

papio

A couple of shots as she makes her way to the display site.

844a.jpg
844b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice steam display you caught! Wish she steamed like that while on the Trek to Tennessee trip when I saw her. Great shots, Ed!

Cool! I remember seeing the 844 back when I was 12 in Omaha. It was like 3 hours late. It was also the first and so far the only time that I've ever got to witnessed a live operating steam legend in my life. This was all back in June 2009. It's crazy to see how fast 8 years can go by.

The last time I saw her was when she was on display at the Louisiana World's Fair in 1984, (of course she was the 8444 in those days), and when she steamed through my hometown of Shreveport on her way home.

The first time I saw her was at the Spokane World's Fair in 1974. I wonder if she holds a record for most World's Fair appearances by a steam engine.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back