Uniden BC75XLT

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

trainduck1198

Train Duck
I will be getting the aforementioned scanner as soon as I get my gift card for turning on U-Verse.

From what I have seen on Youtube, it looks to have loud and clear reception.

My question is:

How well does it preform when near WiFi equipment. And not just WiFi equipment, but fluorescent lights, electrical motors desktop computers, televisions and anything else it could be near.

I currently use a Radio Shack Pro 404. It only works halfway decent when out I am out in the field and in close proximity to dispatch towers. I have trouble hearing the locomotive side and at the time I was three miles from the main line. Even with a dual band antenna; the reception was poor.

A lot of it has to do with the receiver technology.

The receiver in my Pro 404 is only as good as equipment from the 1980's.

However, my Pro 106 (which I do NOT want to use for foaming) pulls the signals in no matter how much electrical equipment I am near.

My Pro 160 is halfway decent if the longer antenna is hooked up. I have a cordless phone base antenna connected to it.

What I am asking is:
How well of a receiver is in the BC75?

I want to get it either which way since it is narrowband capable.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mohsin

I currently use a Radio Shack Pro 404. It only works halfway decent when out I am out in the field and in close proximity to dispatch towers. I have trouble hearing the locomotive side and at the time I was three miles from the main line. Even with a dual band antenna; the reception was poor.

I just said that.

Why are you repating?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back