Trying to find a better camcorder or battery pack

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

TheACman42

The camcorder I currently use is Canon Vixia HF R30. I know it has fine HD quality, but the main problem is that the battery (BP-709) life is so short and only last 30-40 minutes. Each time when I capture one train, I have to go back into my car and recharge it while waiting for another train, and I'm tired of doing that. I even purchased some Wasabi Power batteries from Amazon to hopefully extend my camcorder battery life, but it still didn't help much. The maximum life for the Wasabi Power was about 50 minutes - 1 hour by testing them.

Any idea if there's any other good, very long lasting battery pack that comes compatible with the Canon Vixia HF R30? If not, then is there any other HD quality, cheap price camcorder you know of that comes with a very long lasting battery life itself? Because I'm thinking of purchasing some better battery pack or a new camcorder for Christmas.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)