Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Glad you're out and about in the fresh air. Any bird activity in the marsh? What's happening up on Sunset, and any more progress eliminating the level-grade crossings?
No new level crossing stuff as of now. Though we had a nice few weeks of train horns while the way side horn wiring was being replaced at Dayton St.

That is certainly a new way to record and enjoy videos of passing trains. What is the make and model of camera?
I suggest using the 1080 setting if watching it on a full screen.

Last edited:
Friday I dug out an old CF card for a project. I checked to see if there was anything on it and to my surprise found some photos from 7-28-2010 that I had never downloaded.

Two GP30's leading a southbound (tt/west) past the marsh. They have probably been repainted to BNSF by now.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

A War Bonnet unit with a BNSF cover led a southbound (tt/west) grain train.

IMG_0003.JPG

These may look like the trailing units of the head end power but they are actually the mid train helpers. There was a brief period of time when west bound loaded grain trains were routed over the former GN mainline between Spokane and Seattle. These trains were given both mid and rear helpers to get over Stevens Pass. This routing did not last long. It was terminated when a grain train derailed in central Washington.

After the derailment westbound loaded grain trains returned to being routed from Spokane to the Tri Cities on the former NP mainline, then on to the former SP&S mainline along the Columbia River to Vancouver. From Vancouver they head north up the joint line UP/BNSF line to Tacoma and Seattle.

IMG_0004.JPG

The heron seems used to passing trains.

The signal went from red to yellow after the train passed, which told me another southbound would soon arrive. Behind the power were three Boeing 737 fuselages from Kansas bound for final assembly in Renton.

View attachment 85888
I'm going to be in that area soon, Edmonds.
That area on Ocean. The signs say no parking, but wondering if parking there for maybe a half hour or so to catch the trains is allowable.
Curious others' experiences.
Screenshot 2023-12-26 111101.png

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back