Trackside access at Tehachapi Loop???

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Does anyone know the status of access to the trackside areas of the Loop Ranch at Tehachapi? I lived out that way '99-'01 and spent many weekends there just below Tunnel 10. The photo was taken on Memorial Day 2001; there was a group of Singles RVers from SF Valley and a group of veterans parked up on the knoll there for the weekend. Is this still possible?

Tehachapi Loop Memorial Day 2001-826.jpg

Thanks. A friend of mine was asking.
Art

A year ago I was on the pass in the spring and other local railfans said the access to the loop was still restricted per the rancher who lives in the loop. He built a pretty significant fence and gate on the access road with "NO TRESPASSING" signs if I remember correctly. Bummer for sure...

As many railfans as go there from all over the world, it would seem some entrepreneur could do something like the RV park at the Folkston Funnel in Georgia.

Lifeboat moored at Folkston Funnel 9936[1].jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back