Tracks in the Snow 2011

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

GodFollower

PacificNWRailFan
Here my brief story.. not much involving movement, since I'm not up to speed on digital photography and lighting verses freezing the action, just yet! Enjoy! (I know I did, thanks again Mike K!)

View attachment 111652
What's that quote about closeness again? Sticking closer then a brother?

View attachment 111653
A face only a mother would love (and the railroad when it's snowing heavily!)... and one I personally would never want to meet head-on!

View attachment 111651
On the first day.. just east of Monroe @ Sophie Rd (East).. and as it would turn out.. the only moving object I captured that turned out in a presentable form.. BUT I will get more NEXT time! YEAH!

And finally...
View attachment 111654
Where is a train when you need one? LOL

Paul

PS Thanks Ross and Mike K for doing your bits to make this a reality for me this year.. it is all the moments NOT on film that really made it for me this year.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BB Michigan

Just awesome pictures in this thread. Really like the big falls shot and this one:

4. Dark shadows are the only thing on the fruit trees west of Monitor, Wa. In about 4 1/2 months the trees will be in a splendid bloom and by early September the harvest will take place. The cold, snow, ice, and low winter sun will long be forgotten by then. Soon after though the cycle of the seasons will kick in again and winter will be back.
Must be something to venture around the Northwest.

Trackside

Plays Well With Others
Dan & Paul Nice Job! Paul I like the angle you took on the rotary, and Dan you're getting that Nikon down real nice! How did your shots at Berne turn out?

SDP45

Abandoned line seeker
Ross,
My Berne shots look just like yours! Its a great location, so thanks to Martin for pointing it out.

Trackside

Plays Well With Others
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95p0QScAgGU

Here's the video I put together for the event. First time editing in Sony Vegas, and first time doing a "serious railfanning film." Let me know what you think of it.

LOL!! I love the begining radio clip,
"You want Walnut or Rasberry?
I'll try Rasberry.
You want the Rasberry?
Yeah.
Gotcha!"
I heard that on the scanner Sunday too and laughed. That conductor was too funny. Sweet pan job for the first train at Sunset, you timed that well.

Railgeek

Latte with extra FOAM!
Thanks Ross and Will.

Yeah, the radio clip was the second half of a funny conversation between the engineer and conductor. The pan was hard to do, barely hearing the train over the rushing waters of the falls.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)