Thought these were kind of neat.....

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Wow! The Omaha Posse is soaring to new heights! In the second video, the high overhead closing shots of the entire train against the landscape look great.

I would like to make the following suggestions. I have not checked out your other videos, so you may have already done this.

1) Captions: For those of us not familiar with the area, brief captions at the beginning of the video naming the rail lines and directions would be nice. The names of the trains (if known) as they appear would also be informative.

2) Editing: Once the lead engines roll by, all the cars of a unit train tend to look alike until the rear DPUs show up. I think cutting out the middle portions of unit trains would make the videos flow quicker. I have seen this done quite well by photographers taking videos on the ground with the camera mounted on a tripod. It may not be possible using a drone without the video appearing jerky.

Where I live, the use of drones is quite controversial. Make sure you are in compliance with all applicable laws so your fellow Posse members don't have to bail you out of jail.:(

I guess I should put a little more description in...

These are not mine I happened to come across the while surfing youtube

Both are shot at Wye junction Ashland, NE

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back