This may seem like a dumb question...

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
...but I notice when I look at everyone else's photos they have either a watermark on them or your name and copyright info in a lower corner. How do you put those onto your photos? I'm looking to start doing that as well. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

kenw

5th Generation Texian
it is done with the text tool in a photo editor. I use PaintShop Pro, others use Lightroom, Photoshop etc. Picasa is free from Google and does it as well.

(btw, hold down the ALT key and type 0169 to get the © symbol!)

btw2: there are no dumb questions here!

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
it is done with the text tool in a photo editor. I use PaintShop Pro, others use Lightroom, Photoshop etc. Picasa is free from Google and does it as well.

(btw, hold down the ALT key and type 0169 to get the © symbol!)

btw2: there are no dumb questions here!
Haha, alright thank you! I don't take a lot of train photos but I take a lot of weather photos and thought I should start doing that for when I share them on the web. Thanks for the suggestion! I may have to investigate Picasa, just to see if I like it or not.

roee

I use IrfanView and they have a feature that when you do a batch conversion (which I do when I post photo's to the web to resize them) that you can add text. I use to put a little © My Name on my photos. I haven't done that much lately, but it's an option.

brad_in_omaha

Remember also, even if you don't copyright them, they are still copyrighted. Any photo you take is yours, its just easier to prove it with the watermark.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)