The tracks by Warriors' Path State Park, Kingsport, TN

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

wirenut

I happened to be camping at Warrior's Path State Park in Kingsport, TN a few days ago. To my delight it is right beside a mainline track. From looking at maps I think this is CSX track and part of the Clinchfield. The first train I saw on the line came thru at night with a CN engine on the front of a unit tank train and a second CN engine on the rear. There were probably 5 or 6 trains total that I heard on the line in a roughly 12 hour period. I was only able to see the one, the rest came thru mostly over night.

Is this line the Clinchfiled? I thought that was rarely used anymore. I would never have guessed there would be a CN unit tank train on it. Does anyone have any additional information?

Thanks,

clinchfield.jpg

Bruce

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back