The Last Unpatched SP C44-9W?

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

B_Kosanda

Outstanding In My Field
I was surprised to catch this Southern Pacific loco on the UP Chester Sub in Illinois. I thought they were long gone, but I guess there are still a few pulling coal trains. Nice move putting it on the point.

Bill

Attachments

Bill Anderson

Nice catch. That looks like a good location for photos with the autumn leaves on the bluffs in the background.

SP&SFan

MP 72 - BNSF Spokane Sub.
Bill K.,

You might have caught an AC4400 instead of a C44-9W.. UP still has a few unpatched AC's, but I believe the -9W's have been all repainted and are in service in the Texas mainline trains/locals...

SP&SFan

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)