The Flat Land Poster

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

BRAVO!!! Great bunch of photos. You have mastered the night shots! You sure get a great variety of motive power too. Thanks for sharing. Tom

BRAVO!!! Great bunch of photos. You have mastered the night shots! You sure get a great variety of motive power too. Thanks for sharing. Tom

Great shots, especially the flash shots and the photo of #6963 in Seattle Seahawks blue & green trim. ;)

A little off topic, but has anyone ever received complaints from train crews about getting blinded by flash shots at night? :cool: I originally posed the question in the Class I forum, but have not received any replies.

Great shots, especially the flash shots and the photo of #6963 in Seattle Seahawks blue & green trim. ;)

A little off topic, but has anyone ever received complaints from train crews about getting blinded by flash shots at night? :cool: I originally posed the question in the Class I forum, but have not received any replies.

Thank Bill, I have never been called in and I have a few engineers and conductor's for friends and it does not bother them all they see is a small flash. I have six flash units and I lit up a friend of mine and he only seen one unit go off and that was the one off to the side and it sits far back from the train. Lightening strikes are a whole lot worse than the flashes. And if anyone is going to do this kind of shooting key word's "STAY OFF THE PROPERTY" that is where the problems start.

I'm kind of partial to the UP 1983 in the fog. Where is the red depot behind the Wabash unit?

A little off topic, but has anyone ever received complaints from train crews about getting blinded by flash shots at night?

I shot a train as it stopped to switch an elevator. The conductor got off and walked over. I figured he was going to complain about the flash. Instead he said they were picking up 80 some cars and if I would give him a ride to the head end when they finished, he'd park the power wherever I wanted for pictures.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back