Ten in 10'

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

westbnsf

Railfan Photographer
It has been a little while since I posted here, but with the new year I am planing to be around this forum a little more. So to kick it off here are my ten favorites from 2010.

1) A westbound manifest train following the Columbia River.

2) Two CSX units pull hard on the front of a loaded coal train as just after crossing the border from TN into NC.

3) Last light reflects off of the sides of an empty coal train returning to the powder river basin for more coal.

4) A trash train heads west through the Columbia River Gorge.

westbnsf

Railfan Photographer
5) A CSX pusher is hard at work on a steep grade as it passes a church high in the mountains of NC.

6) The Georgia Local rumbles south towards Dalton with a string of manifest cars.

7) An empty coal train heads into the WY sunset.

westbnsf

Railfan Photographer
8) A warbonnet leads a westbound manifest train out of Cooks siding in the Columbia River Gorge.

9) A southbound loaded coal train finally reaches straight track after descending "The Loops" near Spruce Pine, NC.

10) Discarded spikes and rail lie idle as a DPU on the back of a loaded coal train is in full dynamic braking on this 1.2% grade.

Tuscor

Don't be Ignorant
Nice to see you posting here again Marlin! You have been missed. Nice selection of photos for 2010. Guess I should be thinking of doing the same.

But where are your Nashville and Eastern photos? I hear they are still all GE with some C30-7's, ex-LMX's and former BNSF B40-8W's on their roster now.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)