Taking a ride on a restored classic- Burlington Route's Nebraska Zephyr

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

punchy71

Greetings,
I've been watching a few videos on YouTube showing the Burlington Route Nebraska Zephyr. These videos don't look all that old to me (just a year or two old at the most). How does one go about getting a ride on one of these restored classic trains, such as this one?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of these specials are announced in advance and tickets sell fast. Note the information provided in the videos you are watching, such as the train's location and sponsor, then do an internet search to find out more about the train and future rides.

I suggest you add your location to either your public profile or signature line, which may help others responding to your questions.

Not sure where you located. The Nebraska Zephyr is at the Illinois Railroad Museum and takes trips on the museum trackage. If I remember right, you can ride not only on the train but in the engine cab for an extra fee. It goes fast for as short as the tracks are. TZ

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back