SW9 sitting in Chehalis, WA...

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
I can't upload the photo right now, but there's a black SW9 sitting right next to where the MLW depot in Chehalis used to be.
I've read she used to be from Anaconda Copper and the current owner is Western Rail, Inc.
She's sold black and only has the reporting remarks of WRIX 23 (in tape, looks like something the Little Rascals would mark on a locomotive, it's downright comical looking) on the cab. I found this link of photos from earlier, back when she had better markings.
Anyone got a clue what she's doing down there? She was cold at the time and had upturned buckets over her exhausts, so I think she'll be there for a while.

ANDREWAMTRAK

Airchime
New Shortline (Western Washington Railroad). Leading 7.2 miles of the Tacoma Rail up to around the Blakslee Junction area. Mostly being used for car storage. But i think there is one customer? if i remember correctly

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
I totally forgot reading about that Western Washington Railroad operation a while back. I saw what had to be their people looking over the grade crossing equipment at the old MLW tracks at the intersection of NW West and NW State. It'd be interesting to catch that SW doing some switching duties there...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)