SSL Certificate Error - Fixed

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
The website was feeling a bit "insecure" for a brief time this afternoon, sorry about that.

SSL certificates have to be renewed every 90 days (at least the inexpensive ones I can afford do). If your host makes an error during renewing and installing the new one? You get security errors. Should be all fixed now, my apologies.

Last edited:
Note that the security certificate verifies that the info is transmitted securely. It doesn't actually change the settings.

And, as always keep in mind that there's really no personal info here for anyone to steal. Can't get addresses and credit cards from our database, we never ask for that in the first place.

Note that the security certificate verifies that the info is transmitted securely. It doesn't actually change the settings.

And, as always keep in mind that there's really no personal info here for anyone to steal. Can't get addresses and credit cards from our database, we never ask for that in the first place.
It's kind of like being the only person in a 500 mile radius, and having to lock the car to prevent theft.

It's kind of like being the only person in a 500 mile radius, and having to lock the car to prevent theft.

I delayed getting one for a long time due to the cost, maintenance, problems with errors, for example photos hosted on other sites but linked here.

Finally, I had no choice, since the browsers are now so obnoxious about warning if the page isn't secure that most folks leave when they see the warnings. So now all the site have them, and today's little hiccup has been the only problem so far, aside from added cost and effort.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back