Some SE Wisconsin Shots

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

RonWischer

CN SB at Sussex WI - 1.jpg

Above: SB CN Manifest at Sussex Wi.
CN Stacks at Duplainville.jpg

Above: SB CN Stack Train at Mid Duplainville
CP ECO Unit at Pewaikee Siding.jpg

Above: CP 2285 4-axle ECO Unit at Pewaukee Wi
CP Sand Train East at Duplainville.jpg

Above: EB CP Sand Train at Duplainville
Dead UP Power at Butler Yard - 1.jpg
Dead UP Power at Butler Yard - 2.jpg

Both Above: Shots of UP's dead lines at Butler Wi.
FRA Train Sussex WI _ 1.jpg
FRA Train Sussex WI _ 2.jpg
FRA Train Sussex WI _ 3.jpg
FRA Train Sussex WI _ 4.jpg
FRA Train Sussex WI _ 5.jpg
FRA Train Sussex WI _ 6.jpg

All Above: The FRA inspection Train down and through Duplainville
NB CN Under UP _ 1.jpg

Above and Below: NB CN Manifest passes the local job L504 in Sussex Wi.
NB CN Under UP _ 2.jpg

Progressive Rail Inc 7201 copy.jpg

Above: A New Progress Rail EMD north at South Duplainville on the CN Main.
SB CN Potash Train - 1.jpg
SB CN Potash Train - 2.jpg

Both Above: A SB CN Potash Train at North Duplainville.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back Ron! Looking forward to seeing your photos. I’m sure you’ll keep the Midwestern section hopping.

CN 3263 in the first photo is a brand new ET44AC carrying the Aboriginal Affairs logo.
A wonderful group of photos. Well done! The yellow Progress Rail is cool.

Thanks for the link. I always like to know what my next door neighbor to the north is up to as CN and the occasional CP units pass through town on BNSF freights.

I like the new CN paint scheme without the map of North America on the side, which IMHO looked like graffiti or peeling paint. Call me a traditionalist (polite term for old man), but I wish they had left off the URL below the CN. I'm sure most people are capable of finding the railroad's website without it.

I find it a little strange that the cab roof is painted white, as that is usually the part of the engine that gets the dirtiest the quickest. Does anyone know if the Aboriginal Affairs logo is a permanent fixture for all CN engines or is it a temporary commemorative piece?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I always like to know what my next door neighbor to the north is up to as CN and the occasional CP units pass through town on BNSF freights.

I like the new CN paint scheme without the map of North America on the side, which IMHO looked like graffiti or peeling paint. Call me a traditionalist (polite term for old man), but I wish they had left off the URL below the CN. I'm sure most people are capable of finding the railroad's website without it.

I find it a little strange that the cab roof is painted white, as that is usually the part of the engine that gets the dirtiest the quickest. Does anyone know if the Aboriginal Affairs logo is a permanent fixture for all CN engines or is it a temporary commemorative piece?

Hey Bill, been a long time.
As far as I can see, the Aboriginal Affairs logo is only on the 200 units CN ordered from @GETRANSPORT.
I assume the white roofs are keeping the cabs a lot cooler from the sun.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back