Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2018

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

It's a digital sign, just like at the front of a bus. It usually has the destination or train number scrolling on it. It doesn't photograph well due to high shutter speeds and refresh rate of the LED's (and I think you mean Charger. Even at 375 horses, a Dodge would have a hell of a time trying to pull a train :p).

It's a digital sign, just like at the front of a bus. It usually has the destination or train number scrolling on it. It doesn't photograph well due to high shutter speeds and refresh rate of the LED's (and I think you mean Charger. Even at 375 horses, a Dodge would have a hell of a time trying to pull a train :p).

Thanks. I keep mixing up those Dodge muscle car names as applied to these locos. I wish Siemens had used something more original.

Any trips up the Feather River Canyon scheduled for October or November? The autumn leaves should be looking good.
I'd love to but probably not as I just don't have the time to do it right. This time of year there is barely any sunlight in the canyon and it is only there for a couple of hours. It's a 2 hour drive up and back, which leaves very little time to actually shoot in decent light. That and I have a four day trip up to the Lower Klamath area on Veteran's Day weekend to shoot bald eagles and other raptors which pretty much is taking all the spare time I have for a road trip.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back