Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2020

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

This will be my last winter photographing the California Northern. I'm retiring in 4 months and moving to coastal Maine. Things have been getting repetitive for me with my train photography anyway, so some new scenery will be fun. I'm going to live 20 minutes away from a historic 2 foot narrow-gauge which could make for some fun steam shots.

First to Arrive
by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Morning Train
by lennycarl08, on Flickr

This will be my last winter photographing the California Northern. I'm retiring in 4 months and moving to coastal Maine. Things have been getting repetitive for me with my train photography anyway, so some new scenery will be fun. I'm going to live 20 minutes away from a historic 2 foot narrow-gauge which could make for some fun steam shots.

Congratulations on your retirement! Looking forward to see what you get from the other coast!

Be sure to announce your last day on this thread so we will know when to check the other thread.
Will do Bill, but it won't be for a while. While I have a new house lined up, my last day of work is not until April 30. I'm only up north during the fall and winter though, as that is when I am at the NWRs shooting birds. I have just about another 6 weekends of opportunity for that, and the CFNR only runs on weekdays, so really only a couple of more opportunities before February to see the trains, and by then all the birds generally fly back north.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back