Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2020

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Facebook has gotten downright toxic these days.

Which is one reason why I have never joined Face Book. I heard the same complaint about a Face Book page of local bird photographers. If something as innocuous as bird photography can get toxic, anything can.

Thanks for your efforts to upgrade this site and recruit new members.

I'll second that. Just about all of the anti-social media sites make a Superfund cleanup site look downright pristine by comparison, and some of the other railfan sites are just as bad (I still visit one or two of those sites just to see if anything interesting is posted, but it'll be a cold day in Hades before I'll post or reply to anything there).
This is about the only place left where the adults still act like adults and no one has to wear an asbestos fire suit just to post a simple reply. "Social Media" my arse...

This is about the only place left where the adults still act like adults and no one has to wear an asbestos fire suit just to post a simple reply. "Social Media" my arse...

These days we are all wearing pajamas until the Corona Quarantine is lifted.

The Genset? Not on that particular day, but they are not uncommon here. They use them a lot in the vehicle yard at the Port of Richmond. Here is one from waaay back in 2014 setting out some baretables at the Christie siding in Franklin Canyon
14127182259_899adf5cae_h.jpg
Switching at Christie
by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Hard to figure the well (or bare table, as we call them up here) trains. I have seen them going both directions up here, too.

Yeah the most likely thing I can think of is that the eastbounds are empties out of the UPS yard in Richmond going back for more and the westbounds are heading for the Port of Oakland via the UP tracks that BNSF uses via the crossover at Rheem.

Just to get out of the house, I went out and parked is some shade by the tracks. This is the first non UPS or Vehicle train I have seen in a while. In old Santa Fe YouTubes, you can see where there was a freight platform and spurs here at Glen Frazer in Franklin Canyon, now long gone.

Manifest at Glen Frazer
by lennycarl08, on Flickr

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back