Some Old Negatives from Late 1980's to 2000

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
As most of us do from time to time, we look back into the files looking for something we thought we had seen on a previous journey. As railfans we collect stuff and show our finds to friends and fellow fans. In the days before digital photography this meant grabbing a group of prints from the latest adventure or produce a slide show for a local group. The slide show is now the subject of many jabs from people who had to sit through a seemingly endless program of the "summer vacation". Through the magic of the internet and global communication we can now visit a site that deals with whatever piques our interest. And if we are bored with it we just go somewhere else without offending our well meaning host. That was a long winded intro into some things I found in my collection along the same vein as the "Some Old Slides" post from last year. This bunch won't be the flood of pictures the last post was, but I hope you find something of interest. I'll begin with a trip to Baldwin KS in the late 1990's.

63634_17.jpg
The ex Katy rebuild. I think they still use this on their dinner train

63634_14.jpg
Coos Bay 10 disposition unknown

63634_11.jpg
Not sure the parentage of this either

63634_10.jpg
Alco in NYC garb since been moved to the east coast

A couple more. The beautifully painted 652 and the E6 630. Any help in disposition info will be appreciated. Thank You

63634_06.jpg
CRI&P 652

63634_08.jpg
CRI&P 652

63634_09.jpg
CRI&P E6 630

63634_07.jpg
Critter

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic BN

BN5082_1990_v1.jpg
Along Hwy 6 South of Ashland

BN7132_1993_v1.jpg
Along Hwy 6 South of Ashland

NW5_v3.jpg
Sometime in the 90's in Council Bluffs IA on the short lived Council Bluffs RR
The NW5 whose body is sitting on top of some containers in Council Bluffs. Yes it did run at one time

Great set of Slides Tom.

I believe CRI&P 652 and CRI&P 630 Still in Kansas City at Mid American. I see photos of them pop up from time to time on the difference social medial platforms.

I thought I read something recently about Coos Bay 10 so I googled it. Looks like it may have been scrapped in 2011.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back