Some of my photos from bay area railfanning

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bnsf 7982

This is one of my more recent photos and it is the same train as my profile, this was taken at Pinole ca on the Stockton sub (note the nice engineer)

DSC_0171.jpg

Photos from pinole on 3/13/16

First of all to clear the air the photos appear to be grainy, thats just all the rain :D and the second photo had water on the camera lens and that explains the white spots

This is a tier 4 Gevo passing through some pouring rain, I guess I'm not a fair weather rail fan.....
DSC_0138.jpg

The second locomotive here is a ex SF dash 9 rebuilt into a AC44C4M
DSC_0109.jpg

This here is a normal autorack train with a CREX es44
DSC_0080.jpg

This is a very rare amtrak double header on a capital corridor, even more rare with two p42s
DSC_0049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
February 7th 2016

UPs Manifest roseville to sa jose in near perfect light at the santa clara Caltrain station
DSC_0130 copy.jpg
BNSF super bowl train photos at Alviso and diridon station
DSC_0057 copy.jpg

DSC_0046copy.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back