SD80 to Brazil

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

pedrop

A Railfan in Brazil
A friend of mine said me that there is a rumor among the employees of ALL railroad (Brazil) that the company ordered second hand SD80 in the uSA market. Have you seen bunch of these locomotivess being moved to the port areas? The locomotives uses to come here by Houston port.

Pedro

Abilene Ks Railfan

From the yahoo group Loco Notes:

Units being moved from NRE at Silvis IL to Industrial Terminals
at Houston TX via BNSF -Noryd PTRA

FURX 7251-8115-7291-7256-7268-8100

R

RailfanRails

From the yahoo group Loco Notes:

Units being moved from NRE at Silvis IL to Industrial Terminals
at Houston TX via BNSF -Noryd PTRA

FURX 7251-8115-7291-7256-7268-8100
These are SD40-2's. The only SD80's are the SD80MAC's that CSX and NS got from CR. Some of the CSX ones where leased to Mexico earlier in the year.

CSX 700

A friend of mine said me that there is a rumor among the employees of ALL railroad (Brazil) that the company ordered second hand SD80 in the uSA market. Have you seen bunch of these locomotivess being moved to the port areas? The locomotives uses to come here by Houston port.

Pedro
There are no secondhand SD80MAC's available. There are 30 total units, 13 of which are operated by CSX and 17 operated by Norfolk Southern.

EMD is supposed to be working on an SD80ACe for Vale. Reports late last year or early this year had 10 such units on order.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

pedrop

A Railfan in Brazil
EMD is supposed to be working on an SD80ACe for Vale. Reports late last year or early this year had 10 such units on order.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY
This is a good news. We perceive that Vale is testing different models alog the years: SD70M, C44-9W, ES58ACi and now SD80ACe. Is it possible to confirm the production of SD80ACe to us?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)