Round 2 with Cp-rail: your thoughts

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

johnny jr.

So 3 yrs. ago CP came to Detroit for a job fair and I was picked to go. Gcor test came around I was told I failed with a 83% and that I could no longer be Employed. because I didn't make a 90%. That was in 3/2012, now 5/2014 CP comes back to Detroit. I didn't know friend tells me that CN was in Detroit for hiring spree. I go just to find out that its actually CP? same place same room different time. Really pretty HR rep. walks up and I tell her not to bother. she looked at my resume and asked why. I told her the story and she verified what I had said.
Now 3 days later CP calls me asking me if I would consider coming back to try again( now I am total confusion)???
Pending My back ground and medical check out ok again. Now I am thinking why? are they desperate? ( I've heard stories )? They also sent Email saying no thank you that I don't meet qualifications(not even a week ago)

When in Detroit they were hiring for N. Dakota first then others, I don't want ND and she gave me NO location or possibility. what are your thoughts??
:confused::confused::confused:

Sir:

Your confusion is understandable given the circumstances you describe. Might I suggest that if there is any written portion to your application that you review it for capitalization, punctuation, spelling and general sentence structure.

You could really improve your employment opportunities.

Best of luck and I hope you get hired.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back