Rockville Bridge Drone Video

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

lappdawg27

So I haven't been on this site in ages as I kinda got bored with class 1 railroads. Back in the day I had both a railfan website and a Youtube channel. The websites I had are gone but I still have the Youtube Channel, which changed names from Traintube, to Capturing the Rails, to the current name: CTR Aerial. A few weeks ago I picked up a Mavic Mini drone (first drone purchase) with the intention of doing train videos again. So far I have enjoyed it immensely, and it has gotten back out trainwatching again. I have a few drone videos on my channel, my latest being a long video from Rockville Bridge just north of Harrisburg, PA. If you like what you see, please subscribe as I am going to try to post new videos every week. There are also a ton of older videos still on the channel that date back to 1998.

Welcome back to the site. Great video. I'll have to check out your other ones. Do you have any taken earlier in the fall when the autumn foliage was still on the trees?

That is quite a complex junction. Are the two "tunnels" near the lower main line part of an abandoned branch line? It is hard to tell from the shooting angles. About how many trains a day pass through the junction?

The location reminds me of videos of tinplate model train layouts (Lionel and American Flyer) where the whole room is filled with tracks and trains are running in every direction at once.

Welcome back to the site. Great video. I'll have to check out your other ones. Do you have any taken earlier in the fall when the autumn foliage was still on the trees?

That is quite a complex junction. Are the two "tunnels" near the lower main line part of an abandoned branch line? It is hard to tell from the shooting angles. About how many trains a day pass through the junction?

At this point I don't have other videos...at least none with the drone as I just got it. The lower tunnels are abandoned but I think they are still used by the railroad as a service road. I'm not sure what today's traffic is...I would guess between 40 and 60...it used to be more.

I am not familiar with Pennsylvania, but I do know it is a large state. Do you live close enough to Horseshoe Curve that you could take videos of it with your drone?

I am not familiar with Pennsylvania, but I do know it is a large state. Do you live close enough to Horseshoe Curve that you could take videos of it with your drone?

I live about 3 hours from Altoona. As long as the park has no rules against drones, I could fly one there.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back