? Rails at Hoover Dam?

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

ronik24

Proud Earthling
Hi,

Does anyone know about the current use of tracks at the Hoover Dam?

You can find a lot online about the former railroad during construction, but I did not see anything concerning current operations.

You can see a flat vehicle on standard gauge at each side, also an elevated vehicle on wider gauge, sharing one rail with the standard gauge.
Also, there is a wooden platfrom with rails, maybe to lift something out of there by crane? On the right side you can only spot the space for the platform, the platform itself is missing...
hoov1.jpg

hoov2.jpg

Thanks for any hints! :)

When I' was down there in June 2016, the spur line to Hoover dam was cut back across Highway 93-95 west of Boulder City. There is a railroad museum that used to run excursions on some of the line in Boulder City, but they seemed to have stopped. I don't think they use the standard gauge tracks at the dam for anything any more.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back