Railroads across the United States of America momagna style

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

momagna

Traveling by car off the beaten path is a fantastic way to see trains, railroads, locomotives, scenic railroads and anything that toots and whistles.

In the following thread. I will post up pictures of all of the cars, cabooses, trains, locomotives I come across on the paved roadways.

Florida Gulf Coast area

As I drove down the highway, I saw a small turn out and this locomotive was sitting there all alone. I flipped a U-turn and parked to read the history of this locomotive. I of course enjoyed seeing another Number 3 since the locomotive I work on at www.ncry.org is also a Number 3 (hence the hat).

DSC_0218.JPG
DSC_0219.JPG
DSC_0220.JPG
DSC_0221.JPG
DSC_0225.JPG

Best of the West Show in Santa Margarita, CA on this property the owner has his own landing strip and his own train. The BOTW show is Memorial Day weekend and there are several people who own small locomotives that haul them in to run those engines on his tracks.

https://bestofthewestshow.com/

DSC_0380.JPG
DSC_0160.JPG
DSC_0200.JPG
DSC_0239.JPG
DSC_0240.JPG
DSC_0241.JPG

Books of interest

DSC_0134.JPG

DSC_0135.JPG

My source for books to read every weekend Bill (a volunteer ) rides the earliest train. I always ask him what is he reading and take pictures of the cover so I can check it out.
DSC_0076.JPG

Okay so in this set of pictures there are train tracks but no locomotive. Showing a wagon train (it is a train right?) and we crossed the tracks. Some of the animals did not particularly ;ole crossing the tracks Florida here

DSC_0749.JPG
DSC_0813.JPG
DSC_0814.JPG
DSC_0815.JPG

Golden Spike

150TH Anniversary is next May 2019. Niles Canyon Railway is part of the original Transcontinental Railway and NCRY sill has square telegraph poles from the telegraph.

Jupiter

DSC_0107.JPG
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG
DSC_0112.JPG

The information signs around the park. For those who may not have been to the Golden Spike National Historic site.

DSC_0101.JPG
DSC_0102.JPG
DSC_0104.JPG
DSC_0105.JPG
DSC_0106.JPG

Did you realize that you can drive your vehicle on the actual original rail bed?

Best way to see National Parks is with a yearly pass for sale for $80.00 for the general public, well worth the price.

DSC_0124.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG
DSC_0128.JPG

Pictures along the road bed, a very nice part of the park so make sure to visit and drive out there. Be prepared it is dry and hot amd nothing at all around.

DSC_0128.JPG
DSC_0131.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG
DSC_0133.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG
DSC_0135.JPG

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back