Railroad Lock help

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

B

Bobby s

T. Slaight Railroad Lock help: A&GW RR

Found this the other day. Can't find too much about this particular version, there was only one other example I could find online, but it was a different railroad. On the front it says

T. Slaight
Patent
Oct 14-51 (1851)
Newark nj

And on the other side it says A&GW RR which I believe is the Atlantic and Great Western Railroad. If anyone can provide anymore information and what it may be worth, I would appreciate it

Attachments

• 100_0243.JPG
    100_0243.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 334
  • 100_0244.JPG
    100_0244.JPG
    275 KB · Views: 328
  • 100_0245.JPG
    100_0245.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 327
Last edited by a moderator:
Found this the other day. Can't find too much about this particular version, there was only one other example I could find online, but it was a different railroad. On the front it says

T. Slaight
Patent
Oct 14-51 (1851)
Newark nj

And on the other side it says A&GW RR which I believe is the Atlantic and Great Western Railroad. If anyone can provide anymore information and what it may be worth, I would appreciate it

Looks like an Atlantic and Great Western whose successor was the Erie Railroad. A similar lock was sold in an online auction in 2008. The hammer price is not available but the minimum bid was $70. Here is a link to the listing page: http://railroadmemories.com/dynapage/IP7550.htm
Hope that helps.

P.S. If you are interested in selling, I'd like to make you an offer. Please send email to: jnwall@switch.com

Last edited by a moderator:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back