Question on the impact of CP Stike on CN in BC

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

andrewjonathon

Does anyone know with CP on strike how this impacts the directional running agreement CN has with CP in the Fraser Canyon? Is CN still able to operate its trains over CP tracks during the strike? Over the years I know CN has pulled out a number of sidings in the Fraser Canyon so I imagine if they are not able to operate on CP tracks they will be incurring some delays to their own traffic in this area.

Similiarly is the Kelowna Pacific Railway not able to operate into Kamloops since they use CP tracks to connect between CN and their own tracks?

Athelney

2860 Support Crew
Does anyone know with CP on strike how this impacts the directional running agreement CN has with CP in the Fraser Canyon? Is CN still able to operate its trains over CP tracks during the strike? Over the years I know CN has pulled out a number of sidings in the Fraser Canyon so I imagine if they are not able to operate on CP tracks they will be incurring some delays to their own traffic in this area.

Similiarly is the Kelowna Pacific Railway not able to operate into Kamloops since they use CP tracks to connect between CN and their own tracks?
Out trackside earlier in the week & CN were operating on their tracks only - east & westbound , at first it was a bit disjointed , trains blocking crossings - eastbound signals not working . This afternoon things seemed to be relatively fluid , saw one eastbound that met 3 westbounds at Arnold - everything went well .

Athelney

2860 Support Crew
Directional running back in operation this afternoon ( 31st ) -- noted CN # 106 - loaded out to 12.000ft taking the line from Page to Riverside ( CP ) -- they were experiencing difficulties with their remote # 2526 -- not loading , there were plans on stopping on CP at Deroche for mechanics inspection.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)