Polson #70 at Mt Rainier -- When is first expected excursion?

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Rails NW

Kind of unrelated, but I was wondering if you guys ever run past Mineral anymore and if so do you run as far as Morton? Hoping to get my "foamer" wife and daughter out there this year. Also, would appreciate volunteer info for when I am done with the Air Force at the beginning of next year. Not much experience with metal work, but I'm a good carpenter. Thanks for any info.

The charter is going to Divide which is past Mineral. I think other charters may do the same, but regular ops don't go out that way that I know of.

There is also a 'work party' this upcoming weekend.. but since I'm not mechanical either, I couldn't really tell ya more about that.

Macster

Only known as Mac
Kind of unrelated, but I was wondering if you guys ever run past Mineral anymore and if so do you run as far as Morton? Hoping to get my "foamer" wife and daughter out there this year. Also, would appreciate volunteer info for when I am done with the Air Force at the beginning of next year. Not much experience with metal work, but I'm a good carpenter. Thanks for any info.

We normally don't run beyond Mineral anymore except for special excursions, like the RailsNW Rainier Rambler in May. Our current route is Elbe to Mineral Lake. We have access to Eatonville and Divide but again, those are the special and chartered trains that only go that route.

There is plenty to do right now with many restorations ongoing at once. From car repair to locomotive repair, wood work, etc. I didn't have a clue when I first started up there and I'm in train service and can confidently speak "steam" and not sound completely lost.

There is a volunteer form available on mrsr.com or come on up to Mineral Yard and you can fill one out there.

There is a work party on Saturday (April 2nd) that will have a little bit of everything going on, everyone is invited up, regardless of your experience, if you want to come and check things out. You can have a lot or you can have none at all, as long as you are willing to get dirty, you'll be good to go.

Last weekend I organized a work party via Facebook and had nearly 20 people at the shop. It is looking about the same amount for this weekend. Afterwords, some of us are planning to do dinner some where, typically around 7pm

If you can make it, please come on up, the more the better =)

Jackrabbit

Preserving "America's RR"
Thanks for the info and the invite. Unfortunately, as usual, the Air Force has me for all three days this weekend and Monday too. Like I said, I don't know what I'm going to be able to swing until I retire from the Big Blue. I'm glad to see a good turnout up there, though.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)