Phl 40

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

GHLines

A.K.A Kaivo
Look for PHL 40 heading south in the next couple of days. Was on the outbound at Tacoma Locomotive yesterday. The new paint looks sharp. Moving DIT.

POTB101

POTB 101
No, it's a new purchase, hence the PHL paint. In addition, Progress is supplying them with two additional PR30C's and a PR23B genset (PRLX 2006) as fill-in power during the fleet rebuild. I am told by PHL sources that the PR23 in particular has been very impressive.

mrmoose

PHL 20, sitting in Tacoma across from Progresive Rail as of 1pm today.:cool:

On a side note, MRL SD45-2's 355 and 346 are sitting 2 car lengths away.:rolleyes:

mrmoose

Okie Dokie! This is all I could get, since they were a track over.:eek:

They're both really clean, too!:cool:

POTB101

POTB 101
Out back of Progress on the south/west side of the old paint shop, there are a couple of Tacoma Rail GP20's. Has anybody noted the numbers of those units? I didn't have time to take them the other day, and now I'm back in Arizona. I ask because Tacoma Rail and Progress are working a project to repower three units, and I suspect those are the core units for the project. Precisely what is being done (direct repower, genset conversion, or something else) isn't known yet.

Thanks!

Jody

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)