Pay for track maintenance workers

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

I like to ask whAt type of pay one can expect working as a track maintenance worker

This would be for anyone who works for either CN or CP
in province of Ontario in Canada

How many times a week can a new hire expect to work

Can this be a cOnsidered a good Job or is turnover high

HDSDcouple

The Unwanted Line
Well not sure about in Canada, but CP here in South Dakota was far lower than i thought it would be. I applied for the seasonal track labor postion on the DM&E/CP out of Brookings, SD. It covers From Tracy, MN to Highmore, SD area. Basic Labor was just at $16.00 HR (like 15.73 or close) and if you had CDL and equipment experience was just at $18.00 ( give or take a few cents $17.92) As far as travel time 5 days a weeks and on call for emergency repairs 24/7 in your operation area, with 2 hours to get to job site. and Can be sent to anypart of the operation as needed.

that is why i didn't go for it. Oh ya it 8 months of work and you needed to apply every year. is what i was told.

I saved the info will upload it if i can get it from old computer.

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
On the BNSF the laborers gets just over $23 an hour, boom truck drivers gets a little over $24, grapple truck drivers gets over $25, GP2 machine operators are not far more than the grapple truck drivers.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)