Patriot Rail, Longview

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

n.p.-dad

Patriot rail LLc, Longview, has taken shipment and accepted two former Temple & Central Texas GP-38's today...They are a very nice looking pare...
they look alot larger than we are used to seeing with old gp-7's 9's &20's, and switchers...Not sure if these units will be used on the Landfill job, or stay working the Columbia & Cowlitz...Here are a couple pictures taken by a friend...Used with his permission...Shows the units sitting outside the Longview Engine house...Not sure when they will be put into service...
Thanks...
Gary D.

n.p.-dad

Does any one have the history and heritage of these loci's...It would be nice to know...
Thanks...
G. D.

NPRS11

Nice work Gary. I saw these two the other day at Longview Jct. I only saw them from the side, had I seen the Nose, maybe I would have figured out why they where there. Keep us posted please. I really need to get down there and shoot again it's been awhile.

Mad Dog

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)