Past Couple Weekends

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

brad_in_omaha

Its been way too long since I have posted any photos, but I actually made it out to the tracks with my camera 3 times since Thanksgiving!

First off Black Friday:

1. BNSF Bayard Train in the foreground, IAIS CBBI in the background. BNSF has just returned and waiting a crew to take it back to Omaha, IAIS is just departing town.
20161125sc8a6912.jpg

2. IAIS CBBI departing Council Bluffs, IA
20161125sc8a6928.jpg

3. Road Power siting in Council Bluffs
20161125sc8a6937.jpg

4. A bunch of CSX power in Council Bluffs
20161125sc8a6947.jpg

5. BNSF Gibson Yard in Omaha
20161125sc8a6948.jpg

Now on to 12/3/2016 - Our first snow of the season in the Omaha Council Bluffs Metro Area.

6. UP intermodal train making a setout in Council Bluffs
20161203sc8a7436.jpg

7. A new or clean GE in the old CNW yard, now UP North Council Bluffs yard
20161203sc8a7448.jpg

8. CN Local power in Council Bluffs
20161203sc8a7465.jpg

9. A UP Stack train coming out of the IAIS Yard in Council Bluffs.
20161203sc8a7473.jpg

10. Same UP Stack train coming out of the IAIS Yard in Council Bluffs with a KCS locomotive.
20161203sc8a7484.jpg

11. The Prize of the set!!! My wife actually took this one... We were driving down the road and I saw the IAIS BICB rounding the corner so I put the camera in her lap and said quick, take a photo. I'd say she did good!
20161203sc8a7495.jpg

Today 12/4/2016:

12. Downtown Omaha. Not quite sure what local this is, but it backed up out of Gibson with a caboose in the lead and after it cleared the switch it pulled forward and eventually went to Council Bluffs.
20161204sc8a7844.jpg

13. Downtown Omaha. Same train, showing an older GE here.
20161204sc8a7846.jpg

14. Downtown Omaha. In this shot you will see the same BNSF trian on the right side of the photo, it waited for this UP train to clear before it could head over to Council Bluffs.
20161204sc8a7857.jpg

15. CN Road Power left, local power right, Council Bluffs, Iowa
20161204sc8a7862.jpg

16. A pair of UP SD40-2 that have been floating around Council Bluffs lately. This is in the old CNW yard in North Council Bluffs. There is another 17XX SD40-2 down in the other UP Yard too.
20161204sc8a7864.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Brad

Nice shots, especially the one your wife took. Good to see that old GE unit, we don't seem to get them out here.

All of the snow shots are really nice. Yeah, the one your wife took is excellent. Where was that one taken?
You have a good mix of older power. BN 3111 sure has been around a long time and it looks it.

Nice shots, especially the one your wife took. Good to see that old GE unit, we don't seem to get them out here.

Thanks! Yeah, I always like the older power. Bonus when you can find it on a train.

All of the snow shots are really nice. Yeah, the one your wife took is excellent. Where was that one taken?
You have a good mix of older power. BN 3111 sure has been around a long time and it looks it.

Thanks! That's right off the bridge on Harry Langdon Boulevard. She was in the passenger seat, there were no cars coming so I just pulled over as far as I could and she snapped the photo. luckily I had just taken another photo so the camera was all setup and ready.

Its always great what you can find in Gibson Yard. They still seem to get Blue and Yellow Santa Fe locomotives too!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back