Out and About Council Bluffs June,12 2017

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
Had to stop by the county court today as a prosecution witness so I couldn't chase the UP 844. Thought I would get a quick shot from the middle of the UP north yard trying to avoid detection from the UP RR Police. Nope. Grabbed one and it served me right. It was not in focus. The UP guy was polite and told me when the locomotive would be in public view. Thank You. The other shots were from other parts of Council Bluffs. IAIS 516 was on the turntable track in the IAIS shop area

Blurry 844_061217.jpg I know, but it's a steam locomotive

CN 5475_061217.jpg CN 5475

IAIS 516_061217.jpg IAIS 516

UP 7199_061217.jpg UP on the old Burlington in Council Bluffs

The KCS locos are in the Burlington yard in south Council Bluffs. There was another set in the UP (CNW) north yard obscured by trees

KCS 4831_061217.jpg Love that color combo in the evening sun.

Rods down, with sunshine. 2 out of 3. 516 pic is very nice. We won't delete you from RRforums just yet.

Too bad you couldn't get the 844. Hope your schedule is clear tomorrow morning or when it departs. I still have yet to see the IAIS 516

Good photo angles and cropping to minimize the diesel "helper".

The diesel is another display piece. I was going to double check, but I believe its a new Tier 4. They will pull on to the display track and drop the passenger train in the "Beer Garden" and then pull the locomotives forward and close the gate between the locomotive display and the passenger train "beer garden". One the gate is closed, they will drop off the diesel and then pull the 844 about another 50' further away from the diesel. The Locomotives will be open to the public, the passenger train will only be open to invited guests.

Here is the display track from last year when the 844 was in the shop. The 844 will be where to first two E9's are located, then a gap then the new Tier 4 will be next, then a gap before the gate to the beer garden.
20160623SC8A9094.jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back