Omaha is Mostly Yellow with Some Blue. Feb 2017

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
Blue sky and some UP trains were present at the end of Feb. Expecting snow this weekend but we haven't had much moisture. The first UP train Is CBGI. It had a bunch of scrap steel, probably for the Nebraska Central. Then right after being told by somebody from Amtrak(?) to get behind the fence and not near the platform came the CSX. I guess they have been having a bunch of people wandering the platform. It is dangerous there because the BNSF trains can sneak up on you from the west. And I know in the past there were some photo outings for high school photos. I usually sit in the car and eat my donuts and drink my coffee and then go out when the train comes. I'll just move over to the east a bit.

UP5123_022717.jpg CBGI from 14th St in Omaha

CSX4544_022717.jpg CSX at Omaha

UPY591_022717.jpg GP 15 in Council Bluffs Yard

Nice shots. That is one of the reasons I have avoiding Downtown. Because of the fence issues and Amtrak Security down there. I have been going too other places instead.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back