Omaha area.

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

xj102892

I've gotten out to do a little railfaning in the Omaha area the past couple of weeks and got to see some good motive power as well as an 18 car UP biz train. I'm still getting use to the weather out here, but its good to see everything starting to green.

UP 8774 comes to a stop in the yard with a train from North Platte.

UP 8822 leads a special for New Mexico along the bluffs.

UP 2100 in the same location as above after the storms have pushed off to the east.

NS 7519 in Plattsmouth under some cloudy conditions. This train was a real treat as I was not expecting to see it.

Thanks for looking.

UP_8774.jpg
UP_8822.jpg
UP_2100.jpg
NS_7519.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic shots! It is always cool to see different perspectives from different photographers. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying the scenery that's out here to photograph and the train traffic never disappoints either.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back