NS Heritage unit - NS 1069 - Virginian.

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

SP&SFan

MP 72 - BNSF Spokane Sub.
Heads-up!!!

NS 1069 is the third unit of three on a M-LAUPAS1-06A that is at Hauser Yard awaiting a crew change. Should be most of today getting to Pasco Yard.. :):D

SP&SFan

SP&SFan

Heard from a field spotter that the M-LAUPAS has departed Hauser Yard.

SP&SFan

TV-14

Does anybody know why the two NS units were swapped around? When it first came onto the BNSF, the NS Ace was leading the NS SD60M, and now the Ace is reportedly third in line, behind the SD60M.

SP&SFan

TV-14,

I had a friend spot it when in Laurel and hit had the BNSF GEVO, then the NS in black and then the Virginian heritage unit...

SP&SFan

westbnsf

Railfan Photographer
Any idea what train it is leaving on? I missed it yesterday in Spokane due to work but would really like to catch it on its way back through.

SP&SFan

Rumor has it has it that Pasco wyed the power and is now assigned to a M-PASLAU that is due to Hauser Yard about 0300 tomorrow morning... It is in the trailing status again..

Go west Marlin to get it!!!!!

SP&SFan

RoadRailer

FP Engineer
The LAUPAS power was wyed Saturday night and was added to the PASLAU4-09A at 0700 Sunday morning.
At 1330, the BNSF 7477/NS 6793/1069-Virginian departed Pasco.

Bruce Butler

The westbound LAUPAS went through Yardley 12:30 pm 9/8/2012.

1) This SD70MAC had apparently been the trailing unit on an earlier eastbound train. Eventually it when to the Parkwater engine terminal

2) This eastbound stacktrain showed up before the LAUPAS

3-4) Finally! Here comes the LAUPAS. Notice how some wag has fingered "UP" in the dusty yellow just behind the cab!

View attachment 121970View attachment 121971View attachment 121972View attachment 121973

Bruce Butler

Now, if I can step somewhat out of context --- Meanwhile, the "Flagship Detroit Foundation" is displaying their classic 1937 restored American Airlines DC-3 airplane at nearby Felts Field. Fortunately there was no time overlap and I was able to take in both. This airplane is a real beauty!

View attachment 121974View attachment 121975View attachment 121976View attachment 121977

I managed to record a 3 minute video of the DC-3 being started, taxing, and then taking off for Seattle. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dp59xvDVmI&feature=youtu.be

While the "point and shoot" video does strange things to the rotating propellers, the sound is pretty good. The engines loading on takeoff is classic DC-3 sound. Notice how he throttles back as soon as he clears the ground.

Bruce Butler

Thanks to Richard O for the tip that NS 1069 left Pasco on a PASLAU at 1330 this afternoon. Came by my home at the east end of Otis Orchards at 1830. I hustled out the door and managed to catch them going into Hauser yard. They didn't fuel and presumably are waiting for a MRL crew. I wanted to get them going through Rathdrum ID but it got dark so I bailed.

1) at Otis Orchards
2-4) Hauser yard.

View attachment 121978View attachment 121979View attachment 121980View attachment 121981

Too bad you guys on the coast got screwed on this one. Maybe we'll get lucky and NS 1069 will come back from Laurel ON THE POINT. Now, wouldn't that be sweet.

RoadRailer

FP Engineer
I wiated until nearly 1900 Saturday for the LAUPAS to show up but the clouds arrived and the darkness set in so my plan was to get up early on Sunday to catch at the barn (roundhouse).
Got to the yard just as I heard the crews talking about adding the PASLAU power to the train...missed it by 10-15 minutes before they buried it in the yard behind the car shop.
Thankfully for a great heads up, and the fact the crew had to double over their train in the yard, I was able to catch then this afternoon.

1) Departing on the M-PASLAU4-09A behind the same consist as it arrive with
2) As Bruce mentioned, 'UP' was scribbled in the soot on the engineer's side, but so was 'Buffet'.
3) The Connel local was coming in hot and luckily the train got a red light at East Glade.
4) A close up roster shot

RoadRailer

FP Engineer
5) VGN 1069
6) Virginian
7) Northfolk Southern on the Lakeside Sub
8) Parting Shot of the only NS Heritage unit to make it to WA State.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)